rain proofing

hmmm! Ok but normally you don't want water entering the engine at all. I put a sock cut in half and tied in a knot over it to "absorb" the water and acts as a secondary air filtera nd I can pull more over it to "absorb" more, like so:

Attachments

• 20150519_185931.jpg
    20150519_185931.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 617
  • 20150519_190512.jpg
    20150519_190512.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 594
I am currently using Frogg Toggs rain pants and jacket when it looks like it's really going to pour, plus no socks (in summer), wet shoes are ok, wet socks are not.
Snowboard outer shells are also a good option if the rain isn't too heavy or steady.
For emergencies - or if you live in a very dry climate such as this one - carrying a couple of large trash bags can sometimes save the day.

Harbor Freight has a cheap suspender pants and top, rain suit for less than $10. It lasts longer than any of the ones I bought at Walmart. Keeps you warm too. Being that everything doesn't last long purchased at HF tho, I've gone through quite a few of these too.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1459226859211.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459226859211.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 508
What's wrong with a few drops of rain entering the carb? as long as it's not muddy water it's OK.
I want to spray mist water into my Suzuki's 100 intake before the filter for more power and cooling.

If you ride in rain often then remove the magneto cover often to let it dry out and don't let the contact area of the stator coil frame and the screw heads rust.

I glue my Magneto cover on for a full Seal and any electronic parts to water proof them. I have never had kill switch trouble and I had to ride to work every day in to my city for work and it can Rian all week .and after going under a truck one day. I buy all motorcycle clothing the helmet is probably the cheapest part and its approved $150. ..horns $2 lol ...pants triumph $300 jacket triumph$350 .3 layers full snow proof and body armour all matching . gloves carbon knuckles alpine star racing.wait for it.....$240 au. I got dry rider boots full water proof but free from a friend .The shoes in the pic are Steel Cap work Ware.one more good thing is I way 65kg and I bounce when I hit the road lol. like 3 foot .

Attachments

• _20161109_192951.JPG
    _20161109_192951.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 486
hmmm! Ok but normally you don't want water entering the engine at all. I put a sock cut in half and tied in a knot over it to "absorb" the water and acts as a secondary air filtera nd I can pull more over it to "absorb" more, like so:
You got Fender's and you sit over the carby your legs cover the sides that's the last place to get wet .no Fender's different story only bike frame stops spray from the back wheel .and if the sock gets wet wet wet hows air get in.....

Nice helmet looks dope😎

Ok, I did a search on rain and didnt find much.
I found a post that said put plastic wrap around the ignition. Can I get a more detailed picture or explaination on exactly how I should do this and if it ok to ride in light rain or mist?
I went for a ride yesterday thru shallow puddles and got mud on the back of my pants, shirt and head! Then I started worrying about damage I can cause my bike.
Any suggestion greatly appriciated.
Felx seal more specifically flex shot works great and i live in upstate New York never had one fail on me in the rain!

Back