first kit engine on first stretched cruiser

built many motorized bikes, but this is the first kit I've ever bought. prior , I used motors off of pocket bikes, chainsaws, or anything that had a little compression and a mounting slot.
I cut a couple adapter plates out of some flat stock I had laying around and bolted on rear of bike .
I gave the cruiser a 9'' stretch and lowered it 2'' aswell.
Its a little to low though as pedaling on corners is a slight hazzarddess now with pedals scraping the pavement but the homemade adapters seem alright.
4 tanks of gas later and rear wheels still where its supposed to be.:D
I stretched it to make room for a jack shaft assembly behind the seat which i'm still working on.
It incorporates a 3 speed internal hub which will be used by the crank and motor giving me in essence , a 3 speed tranny on this 70cc 2 stroke
. pics are during the build. . haven't taken any since finished but but will post some when i get the jack hub installed

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,520
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 957
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very unique way of stretching a bike...I like it! Please let us know how thw 3 speed hold up to the forces of the engine.

Dan

built many motorized bikes, but this is the first kit I've ever bought. prior , I used motors off of pocket bikes, chainsaws, or anything that had a little compression and a mounting slot.
I cut a couple adapter plates out of some flat stock I had laying around and bolted on rear of bike .
I gave the cruiser a 9'' stretch and lowered it 2'' aswell.
Its a little to low though as pedaling on corners is a slight hazzarddess now with pedals scraping the pavement but the homemade adapters seem alright.
4 tanks of gas later and rear wheels still where its supposed to be.:D
I stretched it to make room for a jack shaft assembly behind the seat which i'm still working on.
It incorporates a 3 speed internal hub which will be used by the crank and motor giving me in essence , a 3 speed tranny on this 70cc 2 stroke
. pics are during the build. . haven't taken any since finished but but will post some when i get the jack hub installed

Hi,

I am also curious as to how long the hub will last under power before it goes munchy on itself.

Incidentally I like the idea of a low mounted mirror - I hadnt thought of that before and that would probably suit my bike - assuming the forks I intend to buy have a non mobile part (which I think they do).

quick question - would the U type rear-wheel stands work with a deraillier?

Jemma xx

The lights

Nice bike. The lights caught my eye. (Im sure you're hoping the catch the eye of those others on the road :cool:)

Are those lights signal lights of sorts? How are they powered?

Thanks

J

Back