Daily Transportation Question

Meer123

Local time
7:53 AM
My 70cc kit is coming along nicely, just got the bike mounted on a trainer and am in the processof fine tuning the clutch engagement as well as setting the idle and mixture of the carburator when it hit me - this may make for a viable daily driver to spare the Accord of the miles (and save me a bit in the process) hence my questions below.

My work is aproximately 12 miles away - would any of you consider using a 70cc motorized bicycle on everyday to to work given the distance ?

Also, what are the weakpoints of this motor so I can anticipate wear/maintenance/repairs ahead of time ?

Last but not least, I realize a $200 chinese motor isnt going to last forever but how long should I expect it to last ? In terms of time and or miles ?

Thanks,
Al

My work is aproximately 12 miles away - would any of you consider using a 70cc motorized bicycle on everyday to to work given the distance ?
Thanks,
Al[/QUOTE]

good question .."""—depends if you are in the delivery business """ ..
if you are a delivery boy and deliver pizza ,, the worst that could happen is someone gets a cold pizza ,12 miles is a long walk

if you are a gynecologist ,i don"t recommend using a 70cc motorized bicycle ..12 miles is a long run

japat

Last edited by a moderator:
Just today I rode 30 miles one way thru a bike path in Denver in the rain. 60 miles total when I came home and still had plenty of gas. 12 miles is NOTHING with the happy time.
Long life goes with all engines. Don't redline it to 30 mph with a 44t gear.
Do you have any idea how much your engine's spinning at 30 mph?
Keep it at 15 to 20 mph cruising speed with a good oil mix (castor oil tops) and your engine will last forever.

Back