Fuel Mixture cheap*** gasoline screwing up my ride!! :(

G

gone_fishin

i've been buying the same gas from the same place for almost a year now...

i've always been a bit perplexed about the differences in performance of like engines, and differences in the same engine week to week. never before today did i see so much of a difference that i know where it's coming from.

i refilled my gascan today, matter of fact i ran to get it at a screamin' 33-34mph. got home, mixed up my ratio, filled the tank...now i can't get more than 25mph outta the thing. i haven't changed a thing & the fuel flows just fine.

local station is stalling on my claim that i know for fact it's inferior fuel. i have nowhere else to go here, both stations are supplied by the same distributor...

i ain't even gonna go for a ride tonight, i'm too po'd & it'll only get worse if i try to ignore the poor performance.

so, i'm thinking...high-test costs more because it "has more octane," but it seems it may be because it has more genuine gasoline...i just love how we all do each other in the name of profit :(

Sorry Augi but its the water content in your fuel , some refinerys add a small % of water to fuel to get a lager supply, but a friend of mine that works QT for BP , has told me that they have started to add more water to there higher grades of fuel but the low grade has stayed the same.

FYI....BP owns arco amoung a lot of other stations names

hehe, i was just coming in to post that they had another complaint, too, so they gave me a gallon of premium & also replaced my 5 oz. of oil.

i drained the tank & just got back from a 33mph blast!!!

i think my speedo may be off, tho, because i was keeping up with traffic on a 35mph road. better still!

thanks, guys, it's way more fun crashing-out with a fresh-ride grin on your mug :)

and who knows? i may have helped catch a gasoline distributor pulling a fast one...'course i'll never know...

thanks, guys, it's way more fun crashing-out with a fresh-ride grin on your mug :)

and who knows? i may have helped catch a gasoline distributor pulling a fast one...'course i'll never know...

A smile makes everythin better!:D

No we never will know the truth about that one. I have had many similar incidents happen to me. Luckily I have more of a choice, just barely...

ive always found it amazing how a few mph makes a big difference in your ride i still get so worked up ove a 2 or 3 mph boost :):):)

Back