144 spoke rear wheel? Not possible it would seem

nope.....but would sure like to.
Anyone know how to attach a sprocket to these 144's ?
59_nov22_011_4.jpg

the space between the spokes doesn't leave much room for bolts
even if you went half diam bolts and doubled the holes, I don't think you will fit a bolt in there :???:

srdavo said:
...Anyone know how to attach a sprocket to these 144's?
I've always wondered about that myself, and then thought:
azkronic said:
the space between the spokes doesn't leave much room for bolts...even if you went half diam bolts and doubled the holes, I don't think you will fit a bolt in there
I've always loved the look of the 144's, but they may have to be just for riding without an engine... :(

those bikes are pretty sweet. I think you will have to buy a new wheel for the rear though, and a new front wheel to make it match.

flipping the handlebars so they are lower would make for an awesome riding experience, i imagine like barely holding on to a rocket. I always wanted a frame like that to try it. if you motorize it, take a pic with the bars flipped, ive never seen it and would like too

haha anyways, good luck with that awesome frame.

Edit: I realize that Chopper asked the original question, and srdavo potsed the pic. I assume Chopper is using this frame as well? Or do you want to add 144spoke wheels to your existing bike?

JosephGarcia said:
Edit: I realize that Chopper asked the original question, and srdavo potsed the pic. I assume Chopper is using this frame as well? Or do you want to add 144spoke wheels to your existing bike?

hey Joseph, I was looking at another project that is already fitted with 144's
1197_fbfb_1_1.jpg

"I was just looking honey, really" ;)

Chopper said:
JosephGarcia said:

hey Joseph, I was looking at another project that is already fitted with 144's
1197_fbfb_1_1.jpg

"I was just looking honey, really" ;)

srdavos pic got me all riled up at seeing a motorized version of that stretched frame.

That bike is really nice as well though.

i ran into the same problem ,,so i ended up using 8 3/16 bolts and nuts ,,and made a adapter plate ,,so i could center the sprocket on the wheel ,, there was enough space between the hub and the spokes to dril 8 holes ,, it took time and you would need a lathe ,, but the simple way is to get the right back wheel in the first place ,, i now have a nice looking bike after 200 hours of work with a motor made in china ,chain problem ,air leak problem , clutch problem ,vibration problem,and today the spark quit ,my advice is buy a $50 bicycle if you are going to put on one of these motors ,, if you go first class with all the bells,,etc, buy a 4 cycle Honda motor etc with a pull start ,or wait for a couple years

there is going to be lots of changes and improvements i hope over the next couple years ,,i think i will wait before i build another one ,,100 hours is fun working on these kits ,,200 hours and still problem after problem no fun
japat100

I have to disagree with Japat100,If that bike makes you happy than buy it and build it..... 8)

Back