Bike turns off

G

My bike runs good but it turns off when i take my hand off the throttle do theses bikes not idle ?

You are pulling in the clutch, right? i mean the engine will stop if you slow down, hold the brakes, and let off the throttle without using the clutch.

not to imply anything about your intelligence. but you didn't mention pulling in the clutch in your post. and I am just asking so we have more info to help you.

you can regulate the idle with the little screw on side of carb and also with the adjuster on top of carb

good luck

Just a question about the 80cc chinese kits; Ive searched and can find no definite answer.

Can the bike simply roll from a deadstart with just idle after clutch engages? (no brakes applied of course and the idle needle set to low/normal)

Or will engaging clutch at deadstart kill idling engine even without the brakes?

iron_monkey said:
Just a question about the 80cc chinese kits; Ive searched and can find no definite answer.

Can the bike simply roll from a deadstart with just idle after clutch engages? (no brakes applied of course and the idle needle set to low/normal)

Or will engaging clutch at deadstart kill idling engine even without the brakes?

No, the friction clutch models work pretty much exactly the same as a motorbike, if you just let the clutch out with the bike stopped it will stall the engine pretty easily. You can rev it up and slip the clutch to get going if you really want to but they are not built to take that kind of punishment and won't last long.

It is not hard to get going though, idling with the clutch in it only takes one or two pedals to get some momentum and you can just drop the clutch and accelerate.

No, the friction clutch models work pretty much exactly the same as a motorbike, if you just let the clutch out with the bike stopped it will stall the engine pretty easily. You can rev it up and slip the clutch to get going if you really want to but they are not built to take that kind of punishment and won't last long.

I burned up my clutch doing this, it wasn't too difficult to replace, but handling asbestos is never fun... I have since changed my driving habits, I ALWAYS pedal to start from a stop now.

Back