Another from SoCal :-D

O

OldPete

I'll be a young 60 this July but riding into the onshore wind in the early afternoon has been a killer (knees mostly). A Google brought up this site about two weeks ago and I have read posts here for atleast an hour each day.

I turned wrenches for 40+years, mostly diesel truck, cranes and oil field work. Being a mobil mechanic was the best as it offered freedom and one HAD to be on their game (you gotta be sharp or suffer). I did not suffer. :cool:

In the past I have restored several British sports cars, a couple Brit bikes and at present have a '79 Moto Guzzi that needs finishing and a '77 900SS Ducati waiting its turn. I'm not rich...just crazy. ;-)

It's a late '90s lime green Specialized Stumpjumper hardtail that needs a GEBE kit. I will post asking about what way to go. I have a late '70s Medici 10 speed that needs cleaning up. It was given to me. This will be my light rider.

bama, your travels on a pedal assisted bike are an insperation. I have toured by motorcycle but by bicycle?...I may have to try that myself.

wow, i haven't gotten to post the first howdy in a long time :p

hey, Ol' Pete! we're glad you found us, enjoy the forum...

welcome to MBc 8)