+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
05-22-2007 #1Big Willy Guest
New guy - New kit - Need expert assistance - Wiring
I’m new to this hobby and need some help from the seasoned veterans. I got the bug when I was filling the truck up with gas at the corner gas station. A guy pulled up on a cruiser bicycle with an engine on it. I asked him some questions and left. I have been on motorcycles all of my life (off & on) and this looked fun. Being on the technical/creative side I thought I needed to build one.
I got excited and purchased a kit off of e-bay. If I knew then what I know now (Simpson, Dax...) I would have taken a little more time on buying this kit.
I need some expert guidance on how to install this kit. The big sticking point is the wiring. Here is what the kit has for wires.
• Coil = Black & Green
• Engine = Black, Blue & White
The instructions say to hook like color wires to like color wires. Well… I have black to black and then???
• It also says to attach the kill switch wire to the green wire coming from the engine
• To mix it up even more, it says “If you connect a 6 volt headlight, the kill switch wire then goes to the “green” color wire and the 6 volt head light to the black & green”. Do we place the kill on the green and the light power to the green and light ground to the black?
• So… do we assume the blue on the engine is to be green?
• Where does the white wire come in? What is this used for?
Sorry for such a long post but I thought being my first; I would lay out what I have going on and am about. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
05-22-2007 #2gone_fishin Guest
05-22-2007 #3Big Willy Guest
Thank you for the info!
05-22-2007 #4gone_fishin Guest
welcome to MBc 8)