Engine Trouble bike wont start.weak spark? need help

K

Kaos

Hey everyone. I am having a little trouble and any tips would help. I have a 55cc Grubee motor and it has generally been reliable and starts right up. I was going to go for a ride and it would not start. There seems to be no interuption in the fuel flow so my next thought was no spark. But just to be sure i first checked all wire connections and they were tight. I even quickly swaped out the kill switch since those are known to be problematic and still no change. then I pulled the plug and it did not look fouled and gap is ok i think but if anyone can tell me what they set the gap at for comparison that would be great. anyway, when I turned the motor over I could see no spark but when touching the plug I could feel a light shock. Therefore I am guessing I am getting a weak spark due to a problem with the CDI and its not giving a hot enough spark to fire up the motor. When I bought the kit the CDI unit was bad right out of the box and I had to ship it back and have it replaced. So my question is does anyone have any tips for checking to see if the CDI is the problem? Could it be going out and thats why the spark is weak or would it just not work at all? Is there something i am not thinking of?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried a new plug? .020-.025 gap.
Double check the connection from CDI to wire, and wire to cap.

yes I tryed changing plug but it did not make any differance bu I will recheck the gap. Thanks

Back