My piston is stuck inside my cylinder

GunnerRedd

Local time
10:03 AM
I just got everything put together today. I used 16-1 gas. I was riding for a max of 15 Minutes and boom the back wheel locked up. I can't get it to budge and when I tried to take apart the engine the piston is stuck inside the cylinder. I don't know what to do

use a torch to heat up the cylinder and then cool off the piston with an ice cube and then pry the cylinder upwards.
That may not work if a ring is snagged in a port though.
In that case consider both the cylinder and piston trash so its ok to destroy both while getting them free from the connecting rod. then buy replacements.

don't try anything else until you take out all 4 studs & try to rotate the barrel a bit in case a ring end is caught in a port - turning it may free the end and let you pull it right off - my guess is that the piston was put in with the locating pins toward the exhaust rather than toward the intake

I tried taking the studs out and twisting it loose and it still wouldn't budge I'm getting really frustrated seeing how I just bought this thing from bikeberry and its already ruined

only other thing to try to keep damage down would be an overnight soak in penetrating oil

They should replace it if I send it back right? I just received it in the mail last week

I doubt it unless there was an obvious factory flaw - lots of folks lock these up with a bad fuel mix in first 10 minutes or so.

I'm a repair shop & had two internet kits come in last week, one had piston in backwards & was destroyed (customer put top end together), other had bad fuel & I was able to sand piston a bit & hone cylinder a bit & get it going well. Both tried to get online guys to refund something, and got nothing.

Back