Building a dirt bike... Out of a bicycle?

Khamsin

Local time
8:42 AM
Hey there, I'm getting ready to build my first motorized bicycle However I'm looking to make it resemble a dirt bike. I've seen so many people make cruisers, choppers and cafe racers but never a dirt bike. Is there anyone out there with the same intents?. dr400.jpg

This company made something sort of like what I want.2012-0822-CA-Arrow-PHOTO-B-Arrow-left.jpg buuut the wheels are too big and the fork is too short. same goes for the rear fender. I need to keep the pedals from striking the ground too. I don't want to have to remove them. If I do I'd be doomed by the law.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm getting ready to build my first motorized bicycle However I'm looking to make it resemble a dirt bike. I've seen so many people make cruisers, choppers and cafe racers but never a dirt bike. .
Dan Kelton's #888 full suspension bike will be racing at Socal Motor Bicycle Racing's
event on Oct 17th 2015 at Grange Motor Circuit in Apple Valley.

11802699_558761560922201_4710839570251048416_o.jpg

I've seen that one before. Not bad really but I'm looking to put on the dirt bike saddle and any other plastics that make it as close to a dirt bike as possible.

Last edited:
people have used the plastics off those little 12 inch kids bikes that look like dirt bikes before. always turns out pretty good

Hmm.. what about removing the electrical parts and putting a motor on a Mongoose CX450? is that possible ? 4 stroke engine or something like a predator 212?

Hey there, I'm getting ready to build my first motorized bicycle However I'm looking to make it resemble a dirt bike. I've seen so many people make cruisers, choppers and cafe racers but never a dirt bike. Is there anyone out there with the same intents?.

This company made something sort of like what I want buuut the wheels are too big and the fork is too short. same goes for the rear fender. I need to keep the pedals from striking the ground too. I don't want to have to remove them. If I do I'd be doomed by the law.
Save your money and build a Motoped
http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...e63/t/53ee7410e4b007ea1d9170b3/1408136232586/

Haha nothing cheap about a Motoped Butre, far from it. Re-read my post I said save your money, not save money however I probably should have said save up your money. You're right though Motoped is not a cheap route to go but it may give the op some ideas on using pitbike plastic which is dirt cheap!

I see, I interpreted it as save your money by getting a motoped rather than save your money so you can get a motoped

pitbike plastic is a good idea too

I do find motopeds interesting but Id rather do things my own way :) Oh I have two other ideas that actually would work out alot better than this xD Board track racer / cruiser style OR a Streetfighter / bob style bike. I cant find the person that did the street fighter to save my life.
1AA71B40-254E-47DE-8453-0E74C987DE75_zpsstcppqy5.jpg
I cant seem to find parts to get that vintage dirt bike look :(

Back