Carby carb problems

metalzombievi

Local time
12:12 PM
i bought one of those racing carbs and used it for small test rides, but while on what was suposed to be a long dostance ride, the fuel thing that rotates fell off. the screw fell out. i didnt have time to check if the gasket was still in it as i had to go somewhere.

my question is, does it require the gasket. ill add a picture, the thing the fuel line hooks up to turns and thats where it failed. and where the gasket was.
image.jpg

If the screw was not all the way in it will fail. I had to glue mine cause when I modified the cable it was a little short.

I have a opinion question a Delton for $60 on ebay or a Mikuni for $75 I want reliability plus performance without having to buy new jets. By the way other guy. Put in a 65 mm jet in the "racing carb" it works miracles. 4 more mph.

i found a new screw that fit and stayed put, tried rideing around for a while with out the gasket, but haveing the thing screwed in as tight as i could by hand. i rode for 3-4 miles and there was no leaking or mivement at all. im still going to look into getting some gasket material to make my own. i had the original screw in pretty tight, but i guess it wasnt tight enough.

there is no getting around knowing how to jet a carb properly. Learn it or pay out your arsz for a mechanic to do it.

If tight screws are loosening then you have too much engine vibration and its time to balance your crank

the screw comeing out was more due to stupidity than anything and ill admit that. i dont think it was ever that tight to begin with (first time i tried fireing up the motor some fuel came out because it wasnt tight enough and i just made it stay insted of realy tightening it) and i should have checked it but didnt give it a seccond thought. the carb has its own filter and before i put the new screw in, i looked and the round outer part of the filter and its covered by the thing that the fuel line hooke up to. (it might not make sence, sorry, but i dont know the actual names for the parts) i think the filter part might be acting as a gasket.
but im still going to look for gasket material.

You need this fuel resistant glue. It's bad ass. My carb was leaking from the bottom and when I changed jets the rubber ring was bent so my carb leaked and I used this let it dry a day and no leaks.the top gasket is very intracte . You can't cut one out
Use the glue
It's only $20 towards your first lesson.

Back