do NOT buy from DAX. I got ripped off !

abefroman

Local time
11:36 AM
First of all - a note to the moderators - I could not post to the Dealer section, so I am posting here. Please move this if it is not in the correct forum section.

On 'another' forum, I explained in detail how DAX ripped me off. I ordered a 40mm stroke motor from him and paid him EXTRA to cut the piston. I recieved a 38mm stroke motor and it looked like he scraped the top of the piston with a butter knife !

There was absolutely nothing done to the cylinder and the ridges in the transfer ports were HUGE ! The motor would barely run. It also vibrated MORE than a stock motor ! I had about 500 miles on a stock motor on this bike. I have built 15 bikes, and I also have a degree in mechanical engineering.

Duane has made all kinds of excuses to weasel his way out of this situation and blame ME !!! This guy is dishonest and I have proof (in emails) that he lied to me !

The main reason I ordered from Duane was because I specifically wanted a 40mm stroke motor. To make ABSOLUTELY SURE that he was sending me a 40, I called him AND emailed him and he assured me that this was a 40mm stroke motor. Also, I had read on forums of his positive reputation, and that gave me confidence to buy from him.

Since I was suspicious, I removed the head and the cylinder. After removing the cylinder, I saw that it had a TYPE B piston.. which, according to Fred, indicates that this is a GT-5 38mm stroke motor.

I went back and forth with DAX and he told me to send him the motor and he would send me a 40mm motor. I told him on several occasions that I would NOT pay for shipping for HIS MISTAKE ! Then he posted on the other forum that I was blackmailing him and he said that he told me he would pay for shipping... that's what he said on the forum.. HE NEVER ONCE TOLD ME HE WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING !!! I am NOT going to return a motor to him (and pay shipping) to have him rip me off a second time !

DO NOT BUY FROM DAX !!! He is NOT TRUSTWORTHY and he will LIE to you !!!! Since my posts on the other forum, I have had several people message me and confirm that DAX has LIED to them as well !!!

Some vendors will pay for return shipping, others won't. Usually, when a vendor doesn't pay for return shipping upfront, they will reimburse the buyer once they receive the item and have physical proof that the item is defective or the wrong item. I think that is the smarter way, because it protects the vendor from getting stuck paying for shipping for items that are unwanted and not defective.

Back