more power after about 10 miles of riding

florida_rider

Local time
3:26 PM
Ok.i have the standard chinagirl motor. I ride it to and from work everyday. I noticed after about 10 miles the bike runs awesome and goes a lot faster.it always happens around the same time close to my house or when i get close to work.anyone know why?

it takes 8 to 10 miles for motor to warm to a stable temp since fuel must first past between those big, steel, crank cheeks - you might what to try adjusting needle in carb to see which way helps

These China Girls require a long break in, at least a few tanks of gas. Once broken in, bike runs way better . Keep an eye on head bolt torque, tighten exhaust and carb spigot bolts [ gently, but firmly ] Pre Flight before every ride to learn what does, and what doesn't need attention. Double check chains and clutch adjustment. Ride at various throttle settings. Before desending hill, stop engine, lock clutch in, drag coaster brake, listen to drive train. Part of break in is clutch bearings, new clutch drums can have heavy drag, which goes away after break in, greatly speeding up bike.

probably runs better when hot because the head/cylinder junction is leaking a bit and the expansion of parts helps it to seal better. This is because you've never planed the head and cylinder top flat with sandpaper and glass. This should be done on all these engines before assembly.

I'm getting my motor on Saturday. I may need to do whatever tht is before its hooked up.
You will not need to do anything to your motor as I assemble and quality control them.

I never have cylinders that aren't flat and the heads are machined and perfectly flat
as you will see when you pick up your motor kit.

Some junk ebay motors may need this but I have never had these kind of problems
since 2008.

Back