What to expect from these port specs?

well yeah this is a forum about bicycle engines, not chain saw engines

if you cant find the similarities between various types of engines, and the differences between different types of engines...maybe you shouldnt be talking about engines?

hmmm...so now youre saying that a chainsaw engine CANT be used as a bicycle engine? since when?

oh...since you lacked the equipment or the necessary know-how to use one...sorry. i should have known...

interesting....

by this rule...one also cant use a motorcycle engine in a chainsaw, can they?

didnt stop this guy. maybe he knows something YOU dont?

SM-_2007_db_Hot_Saw.jpg

oh well. i guess we just cant use anything but HT engines in our motorized bicycles now :(

sorry everyone else :(

especially this guy...
DSC03469.JPG

he should have KNOWN you CANNOT use a CHAINSAW in a motorised bicycle! it stands to reason!

some people just dont listen :(

(it IS pretty ugly....)

puch
j952.jpg

some goped thing
px_e.jpg

and finally our beloved china girl
7igv.jpg

fine print: these aren't my photos. I just ripped them off facebook. I'd have never pointed my ports towards the exhaust like that

and finally our beloved china girl
7igv.jpg

fine print: these aren't my photos. I just ripped them off facebook. I'd have never pointed my ports towards the exhaust like that

i could be wrong, but thats the intake port, innit? looks like its been carved out for reeds and has one of them piston port bypass thingys.

or youre criticising how the lower edges are near in line with each other and just a lil too close to the exhaust for my liking either?

i woulda left a lot of that exhaust side lip there for angle control. remove it empirically... like everything else.

i think this guy followed the "do it all at once" approach which NEVER works unless you already KNOW it does...

hence why i still think a smoke box is the best way of analyzing ports. without seeing whats going on in there,at speed, its all just guesswork :( you can visualise it, you can picture it in your head but often reality bites you on the rear end because there are so many unsolved parts in the equation. do i really know what the air speed through the port is at 10 degrees after opening? i doubt ANYONE does :) and how dense it is, so whats the speed of sound through it, at what point does it stall into an airlock, etc...
ive mentioned it before...i seriously HATE tearing an engine down, rebuilding it, reinstalling it, only to know INSTANTLY youve made a whoopsie... many a whoopsie :ROFLMAO:

;) wrong thread :wacko:

or youre criticising how the lower edges are near in line with each other and just a lil too close to the exhaust for my liking either?
:

agreed :) that guy just got the dremel out without stopping to think... or test...or experiment...

Back