A very simple solution for RS68 requirements

Gene

Local time
8:54 AM
Found this multifunction wireless turn signal/ brake light system for 29.95
Sure takes care of that issue really simply...http://www.alltoo.bike/?variant=4911549699

bike light.png

No it looks like a very new product that has just come on the market. They seem to be looking for dealers too.

It's not the first smart bike light, and my issue with automatic turn signals is the fact that most people signal well before they go to make a turn, in order to do that automatically, the light would have to somehow know the riders route and I don't see how that's possible. Now, I personally use hand signals for turning, but I have front and rear lights, high and low for front and tail/brake combo for rear, both led and I built the circuits myself to make them dual intensity. Whole system costs less than 100 bones.

Whether it is the first or not is not important. What is important is it satisfies the requirement of RS68 with a simple installation and for $29.00 I am sure there are many guys who can make their own system but there are those who are looking to get legal in Florida with the least amount of hassle. That is why I did not post this under lighting.

Cant remember, do you guys get to self certify or do you have to run your bike through an inspection station? I didn't see anywhere saying that light setup is D.O.T. approved.
You go to the DMV and you apply for a registration. In some cases no inspection is required . If there is you have to have the required items. DOT approved is not part of the inspection.

Sorry, but its not possible to build an entire lighting system that includes front and rear lights with high/low for front, tail/brake combo for rear with a battery and charging system for $29. And I do think whether or not it's the first is important, because its false advertising and I don't buy from companies that advertise falsely. That's why I brought it up. In my personal opinion, nothing that runs on AA batteries should satisfy lighting requirements on a motor vehicle driven on any public roadway of any kind, anywhere. If you're riding down the road and the batteries die, that's dangerous. My lighting system didn't necessarily have to cost $100, I paid $50 for my headlight bucket because I wanted something nice and new. So for the actual necessary components to build my system, we are talking around $50 plus whatever kind of headlight you want to use. So for $30 you get a smart tail light with automatic signals that runs on disposable batteries. For $20 more you get a complete setup with a battery that stays charged. Just saying.

I'm with Butterbean on this. I went to their site and I can't see that there is an arrow unless I look real hard. And I'm on a 32 inch screen. If you DO have to get inspected, I doubt that thing passes. There are a lot of ways to get full legal lighting, I just don think this is viable. I've been working on a full LED hi/lo tail/brake system that works off from a second magneto coil with no battery and so far I'm factoring around $100 for a full function system. To add blinkers would be the cost of the blinkers and switch. (so $15 if you ebay well) Butterbean brings up a good point to about disposable batteries and MOTOR VEHICLES. It seems like a lot of people on this fork forget that these are in fact motor vehicles and really nothing like the beach cruiser you started with. Put your self in the position of a car driver at night seeing you from behind. I'd be simply confused while trying to make out what that light does.

Back