Chain Tensioner Chain tensioner?

Zackiriyah

Local time
10:30 AM
Everything I buy one of these China motor kits,the chain tensioner always seems to be the crappies of the build.I was riding roughly up to 5-6 miles and suddenly when I twist the throttle I notice the engine sounds like it's losing power ,for like every other second.so I stop ,pull over to only find out ,the tensioner roller gave way .

Are there any better chain tensioner.I'm really tired of these motors crapping out on me

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
the urethane roller is very cheap and very durable. I haven't had any issues in thousands of miles of riding

I use a 3/8" clevis through the standard mount. On the clevis, I place 2 3/8" nylon washers to use as a roller surface. All this is sandwiched inside 2 2" fender washers, and held in place by a cotter pin. After the chain cuts into the nylon washers, the tensioner reaches a state of equilibrium as the rollers of the chain simply slide over.

Back