2 stroke bike options?

And just because you don't say something doesn't prove you aren't thinking it. Your words reveal your true thoughts whether you come right out and say it or not.

Last edited:
Well I don't tend to take it very easy when people know things about me that I don't want them to know, especially when they claim to know "lots" of things about me, and I have not brought up personal info about them at all. So you may say we are cool, but right now I'm on the fence until we come to an agreement about certain things that need to be discussed privately. If we can't come to an agreement, I will leave things as they are.
Stay on your fence, I don't need your approval, as you don't need mine.A member on the other site sent me an unsolicited PM, gave so much skinny on you, I guess you really p.i.s.s.ed him off, I'm going to hold my trump cards, thank you, as you' are fun to screw with.As to what my "words" really say, so what?1984 must be your utopia, make sure everybody thinks they way you think they should.No secret, I'm fattist, as it's a choice of lifestyle, unlike the racist slurs you keep equating them with.

Everyone has their own opinion of what setup they think is best for them, for different reasons. I think the setup I'm building is best for me because its as dependable as I need it to be, makes the amount of power necessary for someone my size to get around at a decent speed, and I'm building it to look the way I want, similar to a cafe/classic motorcycle. There are a lot of other styles that are nice, but this is the one that I like best. You chose your setup based on the fact that you believe it to be the most efficient, and feel there is sufficient data to back that opinion up. There is nothing wrong with either choice. But I will say this. Regardless of what type of engine you use, how much power it makes or how often/far you ride it, its still a bicycle with a motor attached and I will always recommend using the strongest frame one can find and afford. I'd rather go overkill than underkill any day, that's my philosophy and its the way I build and if someone asks me for advice, its how I'm going to give it. Some might agree, some might not. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter whether others agree with you or accept what you have to say. If you are convinced in your own mind, you should not care whether others agree with you or accept what you have to say. The fact that we both carried on this debate/argument for as long as we have shows that we both are passionate and care about our opinions and others acceptance of them. But I did not try to make you feel stupid nor did I bring up anything personal about you and even if I knew something about you I wouldn't being it up. Whether you think I should toughen up or not, you were pretty unfair towards me as was I towards you. But I didn't appreciate being called dim or fat, and I really didn't appreciate my tattoos being called stupid or crappy, and my tattoos and other personal info about me are completely irrelevant to the topic of motorbikes. I can at least say that most of what I said was related to motorbikes one way or another, besides the few jabs that I took at you. You rub me the wrong way. And being on the internet doesn't change the fact that we are still interacting with human beings, and a man's pride can get hurt. Just because I am overweight doesn't mean I have to accept being called fat, and just because I have ADD doesn't mean I have to accept being treated like I'm stupid. Maybe you might not care how people talk to you, but I do and that's my right because everyone should be treated fairly and with respect. The things you said to me, if we were face to face we'd be tussling. And that's not a threat, not me trying to say I'll whip you cause neither one of us knows one way or the other, its just to make a point that I don't tolerate that type of disrespect to my face. The only other person who called my tattoos stupid was my brother, to my face in my own house and I almost punched him in the mouth but he threatened to call the cops on me. You make it sound like I'm just a weak defenseless little turd who cries every time someone says boo. That is far from the case. I got called fat, stupid, ugly, nerd and all other kinds of names all growing up and the way I felt about it never changed. I was bullied and beat up by my own brother when I was young, and I mean beat up BAD. He set me on fire, tried to break my arm, made me fall 6 feet and land on my face, almost breaking my cheek bone, threw metal chairs at me, and called me fat and stupid all the time. So before you tell someone how to react to something, maybe stop and ask yourself how many times they heard it before or what else they might have been through. And I haven't said it yet, but I'm gonna say it now. Based on my interaction with you thus far, I think you're just like my brother.
Do you keep a bucket of ice-water to dip your fingers in when you're done with these diatribes?

I left the other forum of my own free will. Disabled private messages, took down my avatar and all my pictures, signed out and haven't been back for over two weeks. I have been through situations on this forum where other members would not leave me alone. You think I don't have control, but I do because I can leave and not come back just like I did on the other forum. You can't bother me or screw with me if I'm not here. Call it decision based on emotion, call it me running away or being a p u s s y, don't care. What I had to go through before the other person would leave me alone, its not worth going through again. I will leave you alone, but if you don't leave me alone, I'll just leave and its as simple as that. No argument to it. I've made my decision on the matter and nothing will change it.

I'd rather leave myself than run somebody off, you are more invested in this than I; so I'll say again, "I apologize" for lighting you up, I'll leave you alone.

You've apparently got more respect than the last person I had issues with, and I was not expecting that. I accept, and also offer my apologies for anything I said that was disrespectful. Thank you.

Back to bikes. First of all, 25 mph is plenty fast for me, I ride a lot in the bike lanes at less than 15 mph. Only the spandex crowd rides any faster than that. Pedal bikes have the right of way over motorized bikes. If you want to climb serious hills, you are going top need a shifter bike. I found the perfect bike for building a 2 stroke HT kit with. It was a Trek Antelope 800. You can usually find them on Craigslist. They do not have suspension forks, though I never felt the need for them. The frame is cromoly, and has small diameter tubes. The angle between the seatpost tube and downtube is almost perfect. Rather than use the crappy rag joint sprocket, I bought a wheel with a sprocket already properly installed. This is an MTB, with good rim b rakes front and rear. These bikes can be made comfortable by installing a suspension seatpost and a larger cruiser style seat, then installing higher cruiser style bars. I paid less than $300 for the bike, seatpost, seat, higher bars, and new rear wheel. I repainted it and put my own graphics on it. I also converted it from an 18 speed to a very low geared single speed. I recommend avoiding newer bikes, not only because of the cheap frame material, but because of the shape of the frame tubes. Newer bikes usually have oversized tubes, many have contoured tubes that the engine and gas tank will not mount to properly. Also on the older name brand cromoly bikes, if you need to do any welding on them, you can do so without burning the frame into.

I built a cranbrook with front suspention forks with 48cc moded 2stroke bike seems strong I use a sprocket adapter and I hit 35 but usually cruse at 20 25 if

Back to bikes. First of all, 25 mph is plenty fast for me, I ride a lot in the bike lanes at less than 15 mph. Only the spandex crowd rides any faster than that.

I know what you mean. I usually try to stick to bike lanes & bike paths when I drive. I feel much safer that way as to on the side of the road. I get a bit nervous when a car passes me close especially on my friction drive MTB bike where the engine sticks out on the left side a little when I have to drive to the side of the road that doesn't have a bike lane marked. I sometimes worry someone might clip my engine when they pass me. My rear rack mounted friction drive MTB bike can hit 25 mph easily which feels pretty fast on a bicycle but people in cars around my area often do 30 or faster because 25 feels slow in a car to most people.

Just really wish they paved the roads & bike paths around my area more often. I usually keep it between 15-20 mph because of how bad the roads are around here. I have a hard tail MTB with front suspension, but going 20 mph or faster on bad roads still shakes the hell out of my bike. I'm just glad the frame is built sturdy. Thinking of using a full suspension bike for my next friction drive MTB project.

Hi All,

Don't want to hijack the tread but need some assistance...

This is my third post, I want to order a motor to start this new hobby, so please assist in clicking on the below link and confirm I'm buying the right one.. I think I will enjoy this new hobby, just need some start-up info ....

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MOTO...99.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.mOlba6

I read all the threads in 4 days time, liked all the things to be done to a new machine, enjoyed the read, so lets-go...

Many thanks,
Andre

Back