Skyhawk, EPA, and gasbike.com

nice chart, but here any ride on anything is pricey - monthly pass is $100 here

a 600mile month on 2-stroke is 4.2gal = $16 x 12months = $192.85 per year
bus costs $1200 per year

savings is over a grand, but biggest gain is the sense of independence it gives these guys (homeless vets have feelings too)

update?

Note the actual 40' container full of real 2015 EPA approved real Skyhawk parts hit shore yesterday and should be in the Durant, OK warehouse today.

Hello,
Is there any update on these Engines?:confused: I'm looking to buy my first kit in the next couple of days and I'd like to get the Genuine Skyhawk if possible?
Is anyone selling these kits on a retail level yet?

Thanks,
Roman

I'd hate to see the two cycle engines go extinct. I just love them. Sooner or later, though, I suppose they'll be gone. I hope it's later.

If it does happen, I guess I'm liable to fiddle with electrics. But I'm also still riding a simple pedal bike as well. And I'll always have that to fall back on. Especially if I keep riding it while in my fifties in order that I'm still able to ride it while I'm in my sixties.

The real reason I bring it up is to encourage the rest of you to do the same thing. You're halfway there already. And it's more fun than people think. And they know it's healthy. But it's even more healthy than the non-riders think.

And now that I've gotten my little sermon out of the way.......we resume regular programming:)

Hello,
Is there any update on these Engines?:confused: I'm looking to buy my first kit in the next couple of days and I'd like to get the Genuine Skyhawk if possible?
Is anyone selling these kits on a retail level yet?

Thanks,
Roman

Guess not.

I'd hate to see the two cycle engines go extinct. I just love them. Sooner or later, though, I suppose they'll be gone. I hope it's later.

If it does happen, I guess I'm liable to fiddle with electrics. But I'm also still riding a simple pedal bike as well. And I'll always have that to fall back on. Especially if I keep riding it while in my fifties in order that I'm still able to ride it while I'm in my sixties.

The real reason I bring it up is to encourage the rest of you to do the same thing. You're halfway there already. And it's more fun than people think. And they know it's healthy. But it's even more healthy than the non-riders think.

And now that I've gotten my little sermon out of the way.......we resume regular programming:)

When the 2 cycle engine is eventually regulated out of existence, I'll buy up old stock

So, just so I understand what I "think" I read. Any bike from before 2014 is "grandfathered" in. Is this true?

Yes Tom, you are OK.
This is all about new EPA rules for what can comes in new, not what you have now.

Back