Racing motorized bike ideas & advice?

That's a shame phantom bikes no longer sells their frame. Would have been a great race bike. But yea allot of dealers were trying to pass it off as their own but I knew it was the Phantom frame from their website.

I'm considering felt because they have allot going for them & hear nothing but good things about Felt bikes. I like the looks of the Felt Red Wolf & the Bandito they had on their website.

One frame I would really like to use is another Dyno frame like the one my current motorized bike uses. It's a shame they don't make those frames anymore. They are very sturdy & look really cool & have lots of space for those bigger engines.

Now the engine I'm considering is a Harbor Freight 99cc or 200cc. The trick would be finding a creative way to make it mount to the bike because those engines are used more for lawn mowers, generators & stuff like that.

Which current successful Socal Motor Bicycle Racer do you think uses a Felt frame?

Joker Machine used Felts but we haven't seen them at a race since Richard got hurt
and the whole company moved to Lake Havasu in Nevada.

There only is one current racer with a 212cc in a Felt and his bike broke at the last 2 races
this year.

However Felts make awesome motorized bicycles.

Wasn't Scotto using a Felt canvas? If he's not now he won some races using one before.

I like the "fat tire" model on the Felt bike site, but don't forget to check out the http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/ website for ideas and or a bike frame. Pat at SF has mounted 80cc to 212cc Liberator engines with Bully clutches and now has electric start on some engine combos.

Jimmy H.

I didn't realize the PB frame was no longer available on their site. The entire bike package is still there and the price looks good when you compare a Felt bike and all of the other pieces you need to finish the project. PB Package deal.jpgVintage Iron Bolt Felt bike.jpgI haven't looked recently but I have seen a couple used PB bikes for sale. I found them using Google searches.

Jimmy H.

Wasn't Scotto using a Felt canvas? If he's not now he won some races using one before.
Scotto's bike never was a Felt canvas with the built in tank.

It was a Felt Slant and now is a very similar Felt Bixby.
212cc HF monsta engine makes over 20 HP.

Scott won the Unlimited race and the Ultimate race on May 30th
beating AGK's son because Blayze crashed and had his jack shaft
chain come off.

11401271_729582837168166_8277615065257774219_o.jpg

Ahh well, my mistake, I thought he was using a canvas early on.

So allow me to revise my original comment. He's one of the most successful racers and uses a Felt.

you can still buy an assembled phantom ghost bicycle with no motor in it, it's just going to cost you an extra $500. they're made with good parts though

I'm considering a Phantom for my next build even tho they are expensive. Would take me a while to save up. At least you get what you pay for at Phantom Bikes. I got a crank axle from them that lets me use original bearings & sprocket for my bike & it was well worth the $100. Saved me the hassle of swapping the bearing cups & it feels very well made compared to the kit 3 piece axle.

I'm thinking of building another motorized bike only for racing sometime next year maybe.
I was thinking of going with a 99cc or maybe even a 200cc motor for it.
What are some good bikes or frames out there that could handle this type of project?
MotoPed makes the best Bicycle Frame to put a Motorcycle Engine in.
$2,000 unassembled.

MotoPedRollingL-750.jpg

MotoPedAxleStays-750.jpg

MotoPedBB2Pedals-750.jpg

MotoPedAlmostR.jpg

MotoPedDoneR.jpg

Whatever bike base you choose, just remember you need to stop as fast you can go.

Though $2K sounds like a lot you have to look at the parts.
Dual double pad disc brakes, full suspension, decent jackshaft pedal system, gas tank and exhaust, in short it's an awesome bicycle just looking for big engine ;-}

Last edited:
I might go with a Felt Bandito or the Bixby. They are bikes more within my price range & I like the style of both of them.

I may just go with another Grubee 49cc kit & make some racing modifications to it to see how powerful I can make it.

Back