415 motorcycle chain

Pirate cycles sells KMC 415 Industrial chain. I have one on my single speed china girl bike. It hasn't stretched much at all so far, in about 60 miles of use.
These chains are about 1/8 inch narrower than 415, strong enough to be used up to about 3 hp, and very light for easier pedaling. It fits well right over my sprockets thick teeth, too.
I think they are perfect for our use, on peewee engines anyway. A good compromise between 410 and 415, and no problems with thick sprockets.
Long term durability remains to be seen, but so far, so good.

http://www.piratecycles1.com/kmcin415ch.html

Last edited:
wow this thread really took off lol.
just for clarification i do have a ht engine, and it does 50 at the moment. youd be suprised what you could do with a gt5, and the right gearing, and yes it is going to do 70 in the future.i know of 2 people going these speeds already, but i wont say names, lets just say that theyre pioneers at what they do
like i said i like the strength and thickness of the 415, and it helps it looks good on my bike too, almost like an early 1915 harley

I know quite a few people who are exceeding 60 mph, a couple of them are just a hair away from 70. there are a few guys in Miami making huge strides with these engines

50 isn't too hard, 58 is the number I'm struggling to break. I might have to go on a diet to hit 60

im positive were talking about the same people in miami.
theres a guy in Decatur il that is hitting 73.1 mph atm too

on chains, one measures the pitch (distance pin to pin) and the width (distance between inside of narrowest side plates)

415 is 4/8in by 1.5/8in (or 3/16in)

We know this. We are comparing outside dimensions because this is the limiting factor on how large a chain one can run on a chinagirl.

oops, confusing this thread with one about chain too tight on rear sprocket

I am doing 79cc Predator with Q-matic build right now and it requires #41 chain, 415 just won't quite fit the width, a pain in the butt.

everyone seens to have problems with 415, my skyhawk has a disc rear end and still uses one, and if youve got a skyhawk you know that there is nooooo room whatsoever. heck my engine is happy with it to, ive even disassembled it multiple times

Back