Petition to make Florida's RS-68 Null and Void. Anyone In?

I think I'd make myself an engine cover and ride the trail under peddle power and take my chances. It would be similar to the hunting rules that you cant have but a 3 shell capacity shot gun for hunting doves so hunters whose shotguns can hold 5 shells use a plug that limits it to 3 shells. An over eager game officer could issue the hunter a ticket, but a wise Judge could dismiss the case and invite the game officer to his chambers for a discussion.
But that would mean there was a majority of common sense in FL, not the case.It's not so much FL, it's a symptom of something greater, that NO ONE ever addresses in the world, because of a subject that is off limits here, the word starts with an R, and the problem is overpopulation.Anywhere you have a glut of dim humans, you have dim leaders, and all that brings.

I think I'd make myself an engine cover and ride the trail under peddle power and take my chances. It would be similar to the hunting rules that you cant have but a 3 shell capacity shot gun for hunting doves so hunters whose shotguns can hold 5 shells use a plug that limits it to 3 shells. An over eager game officer could issue the hunter a ticket, but a wise Judge could dismiss the case and invite the game officer to his chambers for a discussion.
As well as wise officers who tell you exercise safety and use bike lanes when available.

... my canoe that has a motor mount for a trolling motor.
If I am using the motor I have to follow the powered regulations.
If I'm paddling, I don't have to follow the under power rules.
So on trails that don't allow power, don't crank up the motor.
Hehehe, fun comparison.

I follow the thinking of having area's where people can't come in with machines and screw everything up in nature.
It's just not a good debate issue for roadways as they are all inherently not natural, have no habitat, and designed for machines to operate on solely to get from place to place.

In short I am against anything that limits freedom of movement in a timely manner.

I am a backpacker and often find that ATV's have rutted up our trails and created mud wallows that are difficult to hike around. Wish they wouldn't. Its national forest land and I don't know what rules their supposed to follow. I try my best to leave only foot prints and take only memories. I'll be using my bike for my backpacking as a drop off vehicle this fall and winter. Too hot to backpack here in the summer. Been there, done that, don't want another T shirt. Did the 50 mile Buffalo River Trail some years back leading a group of Boy Scouts. Next time we took canoes! Which is why I got a motor mount. The boys always want to race down the river. Now I can let them beat the water into foam if they want to and I can easily stay with them.

IF you can ride an ATV in a national forest I don't see why you should not be able to ride a motorized bike in a bike lane. Maybe that rule should be formalized in Florida and elsewhere.

The Overseas Heritage Trail in the Florida Keys is composed of bike lanes, sidewalks, and bike paths. I do not get my advice from cops. They tend to be more egocentric rather than wise.

I think I am going to make an appointment with the Sheriff of the county I live in and have a conversation about the use of bike lanes for motor assisted bikes. He is elected by the people and he is very responsive to the needs of folks in this county. Maybe use of bike lanes can be established county by county or the DMV could change the motor vehicle designation which would affect bike lane use state wide. As for egocentric my experience has been the opposite. I find them very helpful.

I agree about motorcycles but the other day a street legal scooter was straining to do 25 when all the vehicles normally travel 50 or better. Right next to him was a 6 foot wide bike lane. He was in an unsafe situation and cars were at risk as well braking and trying to pass him. And I thought all of this off limits but for the spandex crowd. As I said above the police told me use the bike lane for every one's safety.
Why jeannine do you need extra-extra-special permission to ride in the bike lane, you said the cop told you to ride there, so you want another law to make sure?About the above scooter, you use his "safety" as your cudgel, when we all know you're only concerned with yourself.I'm also curious what the longest ride (in the last year) you've taken pedal power alone????I bet you can't even pedal your ILLEGAL ride more than a few feet without huffing and puffing because it's a moped/motorcycle, it's either a MAB or a motorcycle, at 6hp, I'd say motorcycle, so with your immense girth you should ride with the cagers.Include the whole weight of rider and bike, a law for that would be "just" for everybody.How much do you and your bike weigh geannie?It's weight that is the danger in the bike lane, cars have good brakes, they have to stop for kids and cats all the time, passing slower vehicles is part of driving.Don't use the possibilities of danger for your own gain, makes you sound like a politician.

Back