Petition to make Florida's RS-68 Null and Void. Anyone In?

If I lived in FL, I'd be game, if it weren't for the sad facts.Most things like this get implimented because of incessant complaints of one form or another; the only way to get it repealed would be to convince sheeple that it's somehow "hurting the children" (common lowest denominator bludgeon).

F-O troyg you don't even live in Florida. What a fraud you are taking positions on laws in a state you don't even live in.

And Bonefish good luck making us illegal again. What nonsense, repeal a regulation to make people subject to arrest again. You are batty. I am sure you will get all kinds of support LOL from all the drunks.

Don't melt the ice! Glub glub glub!

FloridaIceMelt.jpg

I assume you are quite disappointed for your call for supporters to repeal RS 68. You might want to focus on that instead of me who is thrilled with RS-68 and the current TL 10 As for a counter point there is none. It is the law. So you can have all the opinions you want it does not change the law. As far as dissenters go I have no regard for an outsider trolling in a thread concerning Florida Bike Laws. Their position holds no weight. In your case you want to repeal RS68 well have at it. But I think you will find the majority of Bike owners are thrilled to get the police off their back.

Look, I've got roadies in my family. We do not want motorcycles riding in the bike lanes. Thanks

I agree about motorcycles but the other day a street legal scooter was straining to do 25 when all the vehicles normally travel 50 or better. Right next to him was a 6 foot wide bike lane. He was in an unsafe situation and cars were at risk as well braking and trying to pass him. And I thought all of this off limits but for the spandex crowd. As I said above the police told me use the bike lane for every one's safety.

"I'm out of state/country" as stated in my reply (that jeannine likes to glaze over) I have no say, though any "law" regarding bicycles is moronic and overstepping in it's conception.So go the whole nine, those here that want to make jeannine eat her own fecal, get some more laws passed along these lines:
Gross vehicle weight INCLUDING driver as what can be driven where.I can almost assure that jeannine is under 6ft and over 25 stone, which makes her just as dangerous going 20mph as any other bike (regardless of power) because of her BMI.There should be a special endorsement for people over a certian weight.I gather by her incessant drivel posted here, that jeannine is also over 60, it's a fact that after a certian age (unless you keep yourself fit, assume "mommy's little angel" is at least 300lbs so she doesn't qualify as "fit"), they need a special endorsement, as they are a possible risk to others because of slow reaction.Make laws on what may happen, not actualities and you'll soon be paying to walk out your own front door.Good for me, and sadly for the "common sense" people of FL, jeannine lives there, thank your favorite deity.

My scooter is 49cc and goes 45mph. Look at RS-68. It states max 49cc, max. 2.2hp and max speed 30mph. If I come across a hard nose cop I might be in jeopardy even though I'm registered tagged and wear a helmet.

Back