Petition to make Florida's RS-68 Null and Void. Anyone In?

Perhaps I should have been more clear. My comments were equally directed towards everyone in this thread. But you were all too happy when you thought I was speaking up for you. When I told you I was not, you completely changed your tune. I really don't appreciate that. It's so fake.

Well whether you know it or not riding in a bike lane for safety was speaking for my position. Your words not mine. And I thank you again for them. So if you have a problem with that why don't you edit YOUR comments. You seem to want to start an argument over nothing. Good Luck to you and your safe riding. Illegal as it may be at the moment.

And to clarify my position on rs68, I'm not agreeing with the OP that it should be thrown out. It's not fair to take away peoples chance at legality just because you're concerned about family members safety.

And to clarify further most of the people who want to repeal RS68 do not have driver's licenses and rather have the ambiguity of the past where it was unclear what was legal or not.

From a safety point of view, I find it insane that some states require bicyclists to wear helmets and not motorcyclists. Or automobile drivers and passengers to wear seatbelts and don't require motorcyclists to wear helmets? Completely incompetent legislation.

Laws don't matter none. Only stupid people don't wear helmets, and stupid people don't care about laws to begin with. Then they get in a wreck and die, and there is one less stupid person in the world. I was just discussing this very subject on a motorcycle forum. I don't agree with "forcing" people to use safety gear. I feel no sympathy for those who choose not to wear helmets, regardless of their states laws. Why should I feel bad for someone who chose to gamble with their life and lost?

Nothing which has any meaning to the original poster's appeal. Which by all accounts has been a dismal failure.

Damn dude, why are you such a *****? Does it really matter if every post was on topic? I rarely see conversations or discussions stay on one specific subject the entire time. It's life man, people are gonna contribute info that they think is pertinent or relevant. Again, you're focusing on legality and not safety. It is my personal belief that you will wind up getting into or causing an accident with that attitude. I'm starting to think the law should be repealed to get people like you off the road. And your phoniness and whining aside, everything that was discussed here was pertinent. Just because I advocated riding in the bike lane does not mean I was sticking up for you. You don't belong on the road, and I hope you aren't for much longer, one way or another.

Back