Petition to make Florida's RS-68 Null and Void. Anyone In?

Why badmouth someone for commenting on the laws of a state they do not reside in ? All States have laws, some make sense, some do not. The trick is to separate the good laws from bad, and encourage the Legistators to support the good laws, and dump the bad [ over restrictive ] ones. I live in Massachusetts, the * only * New England State with a Motorcycle Helmet law . Laws passed elsewhere affect the people who write the laws for my State, so I care how other states do it. As for Bike lanes, Worcester has some of them on the * wrong * side of the road, need I say more ? No one uses the Bike lanes[ except for parked cars ] when sidewalks are available.
We have an awesome bike trail connecting Rt 20 with Rt 146 again, underused. Motor Vehicles are banned, but it is OK to book it down the steeper hills at whatever speed you can reach by combining pedaling with gravity, those baby carriage pushers better get out of the way !

Well here in Gainesville, its a bit of a problem. The nearest cross street to me doesn't have a bike lane, so most cyclists will ride on the sidewalk. Whenever I walk down that street, I have to deal with people coming up behind me on their bikes and half the time I can't hear them because they don't have motors.

I have sold all of my Motorized Bicycle stuff and now have been riding a Honda Ruckus in Florida for the past about 1,000 miles. I have not had one cop give me any problems.

Back