Carby NT Speed carb problem

My carb is similar with a white shut off valve / took apart and found one of the two holes closed with debris!!!! Wow I hope this solves my Sputtering prob!!!!!

if you use a spray bottle to spray water at the parts of the intake manifold where it meets cylinder and carb, you'll hear the motor slow down when water gets into the leaking spot (some folks like to spray fuel or carb cleaner or other things, but I think water is better)

Why do you think water is better? I've never heard of doing it that way. I know that certain solvents and ether can "wash" the oil from a two strokes cylinder but I wouldn't think it'd be a problem when using it to check for vacuum leaks. You've got me curious now crassius.

'cause if your wiring is old and you spray anything flammable you might light your pants on fire - water works as well and never does that

Thanks crassius I will give that a try as soon as I can. I went on a long run today with some big hills and the hills won. My head bolts loosened up and the head gasket blew. I must have had a premonition cause I randomly ordered a gasket kit 2 days ago. Back to crassius's question , when I did my leak check I had used carb cleaner and I must admit I didn't try it while the condition was occurring because it would have made it rev even worse. The water I could actually try as it's occurring. Great advice, thank you and I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

Back