loud pop when engine starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalzombievi

Local time
8:49 PM
recently ive noticed that when i start the motor there is a loud pop then the engine starts and runs with no problems. before the pop the rear wheel sometimes does a small skid like it cant move then theres the pop, eninge is running and its all fine. is that a problem i should worry about or fix?

I'd be thinking loose connection somewhere in ignition or plug cap.

the head/cylinder junction is not completely sealing.
also you have too high a compression.
plane the head and cylinder and add a couple head gaskets. Use "copper Coat" on all of them.

ok so i check everythig and made sure it was all tightened. i went for a ride today and it did not pop at the start but im hearing a slight high pitch metal/metal type of sound like a "ting" but it rides fine and as far as i can tell acts normal. just with the added sound. dosent make the sound that offen or i cant hear it.

the standard ignition timing is more advanced which is about right for the standard low compression but not for high compression like you have.
for high compression the ignition needs to be retarded which is what the Jaguar CDI does.
high compression combined with overly advanced ignition timing causes detonation which is that ocassional sound you hear. take the head off and see if there are any mini craters in the piston top or the head. that is what results from it.
Lower your compression or buy the Jaguar CDI.

i took the head off a chicked the piston head, and there was no signs of pitting

that sound if often telling you it is time to add more grease to the bucking bar and its cam arm

ok, so i have the engine sound fixed and thats fine. but now theres another problem (when isnt there with a new engine) i ran through the first gallon of gas that i mixed with about 6.4oz of oil. i used a one gallon red can. after the first gallon was out i got the seccond and put only about 3.4oz of oil and now even when i turn the throttle a lot, the engine sounds like it isnt getting enough gas. without the throttle it just dies. did i not put enough oil?

128 oz to one gallon, so 128 divided by 3.4 is 38.
for regular engine oil you should be running 20:1 , not 38:1, so if you have non-synthetic oil you have half as much oil as is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back