Twin engine??

Local time
9:19 AM
has anyone successfully built or even seen a motorized bike with TWO frame mounted engines (Either 2 or 4 stroke) both sending power to the rear tire? I have an idea on how to do this but I can't find any examples of this already being done. I can't be the first/only person to want to do this but there seems to be extremely limited information out there. Any and all help and knowledge is appreciated!!

I was going to do one a while back with twin case inducted china girls geared for bombing some local trails but ended up way over budget and had to turn the project into something a little simpler. it was going to be electric start and the engines would be connected simply by a custom jackshaft assembly, which would have gone to a rear 3 speed internally geared cable shift hub.

It's an expensive project that requires lots of custom fabrication, and you're better off just getting a more powerful engine like a KTMC 50 or a honda ohv clone

5 or 6 years ago there was a couple of guys who put _3_ chinagirls on a trike. I had some pics, but redid my system recently, so they're not on-hand.
I dunno how the trike did in the end (details are scarce unless you're an insider), but I do know this immutable fact:

Double the chinagirl, double the probrems. Same with tripre. The chinagirl was designed over 50 years ago and it can be finicky if you get needy.

Over the years there's also been some poor dudes putting 2 chinagirl cylinders in one case, attempting to make a *******ized V-twin.
None have been successful outside of prototype stage that I know of, so far. (I try hard to keep up with all MaB stuff, and always open to corrections)

If you need that much power on a bicycle, most sane folks would tell you you need a motorcycle or something above a MaB.
My own opinion, not that you asked for it but here we are in a freegin forum, and me having done this thing since '06, and gone 40+ I spose I'm gonna say it lol

This guy posted his bike on Facebook a few months back. It's so hard to find the video now.
It's the little things that make this bike sick from the teapot exhaust to using utensils all over
to the use of two wheelchair wheels for the front wheel.
You can stare at this for hours and still not find everything.
11182222_479066468926765_4695309861257695580_n.jpg

GREAT IDEA. The goal of the twin cylinder should be for low end torque. Such as a MB with a sidecar, Or a trike pulling a trailer. Speed should be the secondary or last goal. Like someone said 40mph is plenty fast for a bicycle.

It's an expensive project that requires lots of custom fabrication, and you're better off just getting a more powerful engine like a KTMC 50 or a honda ohv clone

thats about the best reason not to do it. theres far better engines with a lot more power in a smaller/lighter package that work without any of the hassles of dealing with two engines...

They use to use twin engines in drag racing but not longer do as it is VERY hard to get both motors in sink and is why the quite using twin engines as they found they can go faster with one in sink engine then two out of sink.

thats about the best reason not to do it. theres far better engines with a lot more power in a smaller/lighter package that work without any of the hassles of dealing with two engines...
it's also a pretty good reason to do it

Ive run into a photo of a guy who used two china girls and made a parallel twin on anouther MB forum....dont have the link though. BikeBerry has a photo on their facebook of a twin engined bike with a frame mounted 2-stroke and a rack mounted 4-stroke.

Why not put two pistons in one cylinder? Its been done before and would be the best solution.....

Back