Motorised bike running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fender8008

Local time
3:10 AM
Hi my names Fender and I have had my motorised bike for about 6 months and absolutely love it and use it Togo everywhere but recently it started running slow it would start to speed up every now and then but then die back down then one day the throttle wouldn't move and we found that the insides of the carby had worn so I brought a new carby and got it going again but not a full speed but one day I was low on fuel and all of a sudden I was going full speed until I ran out of fuel so I have now figured out if I turn the fuel off then I can go full speed for about 1 min until I use all the petrol that's already in the carby no have to keep turning it on then off to get full speed I have tried the tuning/idle screw and get nowhere it would be awesome if someone could help thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 290
sounds like you're too rich - first try dropping the needle down a bit to see if that helps

Yes, you are too rich. You know the motor will run because when you cut off fuel flow and the mixture leans out, your motor will run. That's a good sign!

Make sure your engine is getting good airflow. Make sure the choke is off (not impeding the air intake at all). Take the air filter off and test.

Almost certainly, this is a carb related issue and it can be addressed.

Thank you very much for your quick replies how would I lower the needle and test the air filter thanks

My advice was to remove the air filter housing completely from the carb. Lotsa guys who love 2 strokes are running them with no filter whatsoever! It's very easy to make a simple intake enclosure of plastic, rubber, pvc, etc. that will work just fine and NOT hinder airflow.

Think about it: the max RPM you can run is determined by how much air is getting into the system. If you are running rich (which causes four stroking). a plan to get more air into the mixture is the right idea.

the needle is lowered by moving the clip that holds it to a higher position

So I just moved it up 1 to lower the needle and it hasn't fixed my problem

then I'd next try the main jet out of the old carb that worked better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back