Engine Trouble spark plug help

Thanks that's really useful. How are you supposed to read the bottom of the insulator? I read somewhere that you only need to go a WOT for no more then 20secs, looks like they were wrong.

it's called a plug chop for a reason, you're meant to actually take a hacksaw and cut the threads off. sometimes you can get in there with a flashlight

Ok it's running pretty good but on hills it will buzz along happily then it'll 4 stroke or bog or something then back to the nice buzz but not long enough to gain the speed back before it does it again then back to the buzz and so on till I have to pedal. Is this normal or do I need more tuning? Or what would you guys recommend? I'm currently going to buy a CDI - High Performance CDI by "Jaguar" for STOCK ENGINE from sick bike parts and see if that helps. What do you guys think.

Last edited:
I've never seen those CDIs do much for performance, but maybe they do. Sounds like you're running too rich (unless it is a new motor that still needs running in), so you may want to drop your needle a bit lower.

It's all broke in. The plug shows it's running rich for sure but there's a hint of white on the plug and cylinder head like it's running lean which seems odd. Another thing to add is that it runs best at about 3/4 throttle, I can pull it to WOT but nothing really happens. What would cause that?

Back