Sprockets What spocket mount should I go with?

MrHungwell94

Local time
5:33 PM
I need a new sprocket mount, not gong with the stock rag joint. I have heard many great things about manic mechanic adapters, but I found that kingsmotorbikes has their own version of it that appears nearly identical, waybut cheaper. Has anyone tried this one? Also, I was looking at another mount that is even cheaper, while its not a hub mount its an all metal sprocket mount that's CNC machined to fit onto the spokes, which to me seems like the best upgrade for the money (which s clearly an issue) so again, I'd like to hear from users f some of these podcts and hear what you have to say about them. Thanks

can't help, as I always use the rag joint - most of the experienced builders use it also

most of the experienced builders who would rather take an hour to true the rim and true the sprocket use the rag joint. the manic mechanic adapter looks better and works better than the rag joint, and takes all of 40 seconds to install. and when the rim eventually goes out of true the sprocket will stay true and you won't ruin your chain.

Any hub mounted sprocket is a better solution than mounting to the spokes, especially on conversions of customer bikes where you're usually dealing with 14g spokes and cheap thin rims. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the rag joint rip spokes right out the rim.

the only part of the kit worse than the rag joint is the chain tensioner.

Back