made a noob mistake, got the 49cc instead of the 66 -.- questions.

coyote888

Local time
1:54 PM
can i convert the engine to 66 cc by simply adding a 66 cc piston and jug? (new carb too but i already have that)

also is it even worth it? is there a significant power difference between the 49 and 66 cc engines?

thanks!

no conversion possible, however, if you have few hills in your area you'll find that the 49 is a bit faster than the 66 on flat ground once you get it rolling well (the lighter top end gives you a bit more rpms)

I definitely think I can feel a difference between a 49 and a 66.

But I've always been okay with my 49s. They're still nice little engines.

It sounds like you're going to have to live with this engine. The good news is that you ought to be just fine with it.

thanks!

strap on my expansion chamber and new cvarb and ill be running with the 66cc engines and then some. ill probably be selling the setup on craigslist for what i paid or more XD people want 300 for used and abused rigs around here and i didnt even pay that for mine everything including the bike brand new o.o

thanks!
strap on my expansion chamber and new cvarb and ill be running with the 66cc engines and then some.
An expansion chamber makes a world of difference if tuned properly.

The http://SickBikeParts.com comes tuned to a 48cc, you cut off a bit for a 66cc.
Drop in an NGK 5944 (BPR7HIX) Iridium plug if it's a slant head and get it bit more boost.

I suggest you run it with the stock carb after those 2 mods first as you don't need more fuel and possibly less, both of them rely on making the engine more efficient, not more fuel demanding.

also the kit was 70 some dollars. for that i can almost buy a standalone 66cc engine without the carb, chain, throttle etc which is fine because i already have all of those. i had a 66 cc but left it with my room mate when i moved. he sent me the expansion chamber (silver banana style) and the NT gen 2 carb i got which treated me surprisingly well. i would just order a 66 cc but then the money on the 49 would just be wasted as it just sits and rusts which doesnt sit well with me. i do appreciate all the help though!

The 49cc is a smoother running engine, the only drawback I had was low-end torque (lack of) Once you're up to speed, the 49 is just as fast and gets better fuel economy.

Back