Engine Trouble bike wont start

Motor is a few months old already and was working fine after I changed all the top end components but suddenly stopped while riding one day and wont start again. Odd thing about the new mag is there is no white wire. Only blue and black which are both soldered on, unlike the standard way Ive been screwing in the black for ground. Now it is soldered where the white one use to be soldered. But I was still getting spark with the old mag but I thought maybe it had a short so it was changed to a new one but bike still will not start. New CDI also.

Last edited:
Tell you what.......it just has to be something pretty simple. I'd say that it's time to use the 'search' function. Somewhere in those threads will be some kind of hint that you can use.

You might start by having a look here.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/google....rl=www.motoredbikes.com/&ref=&ss=472j154024j3

That link will take you to magneto/electrical issues. It does sound, though, as though that's not your trouble. Maybe it's carburetor.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/google....www.motoredbikes.com/&ref=&ss=6410j3781902j24

if all else fails, you might have to search for someone in your area that works on these

by the way the problem is described, is there a possibility it is the seals or a bad seal that will cause a no start situation?

A couple weeks ago, the bike was involved in an accident and the a few things bent and such and gas was leaking from the petcock so got a new one and installed it and once the new one was installed a few days , maybe a week later, the bike stopped working so I just realized I forgot to mention that I checked the new petcock to make sure the gas was flowing properly, but when the new petcock was unscrewed, the filter was no longer attached to it and is stuck somehow in the tank. We also checked the flow of gas by unscrewing the screw on bottom of bowl and the flow was not consistant. It also seems the new petcock only flows consistantly when it is positioned in the up position with the arrow facing down. Usually, it would flow normally in the up or down position and be turned off in either side to side position.

Back