Throttle

smileyjoshua

Local time
7:48 PM
Hello I am having a bit of trouble with my bike it was working fine for a week then while riding it the throttle stopped working. The wire is being pulled is there anything I can do to fix it.

the throttle is supposed to "pull the wire".
if you want anyone to help then you need to fully communicate what is happening

Sorry. Not sure how to word it. I was riding it for about 15 minutes when I slowed down that's when it stopped getting gas. The throttle pulls the wire. Before I started to ride it I pressed the plunger I believe it is called could that have flooded it.

first thing is to look in the carb & see if the slide is going up when you twist the throttle

it takes gas, compression, and spark to make it run.
gasoline has to be in ratio with air so that its not too much or not too lacking.
please read other troubleshooting threads to understand all the many things you need to do to make sure it runs right.

it is a lot of reading.:cry:

first thing is to look in the carb & see if the slide is going up when you twist the throttle

Do this by removing the air filter. This will allow you to look right inside the carburetor where the air enters it. You'll see the side of the throttle slide.

When you twist the throttle, if all is well with it, then you'll see that throttle slide lift.

If this happens, then you don't actually have a throttle problem. Then we can start looking for just what the actual trouble is.

I've done this also, when throttling up it sticks open , to relieve this ; loosen the cap where cable enters carb and slide readjusts. Hope this helps!

Back