New Engine Today!!

if that turbo actually works i will be adding one o.o im already working on a liquid cooled head for my bike. i wouldnt be the first to do it but i want one and cant find a place to buy one... sooo XD

i have installed these turbos in 49cc pocket bikes in the past. no troubles with these at all. these things are tiny and these engines don't have any trouble spooling them up.
Really, lets see some pics of your turbo charged 49cc pocket bikes.

it's been a few years if i come across some old photos or video ill post them, but im not the first to turbo a pocket bike.

none the less. the bike will get a turbo and i will share with everyone.

I am working on a new expansion chamber....

looking to break 150kph (93.2 MPH)...

future plan for the summer is to install this..(turbo charger).

An expansion chamber works by forcing unburnt fuel in the exhaust back into the cylinder via a resonance wave.

expansion_chamber.gif

Properly tuned it makes these little 2-stroke engines extremely efficient.
How you might be able to tune forcing more intake in as well from the feeble exhaust flow via a turbo charger is a mystery to me but not what really got my attention...

It is you 'looking to break 90 MPH' on that knobby tired used ~$200 mountain bike that really cracked me up...
Heck, that bike would self destruct before you even got to half that speed and blow you off it before if it didn't.

Do have any clue how fast 90 MPH really is?
90 mile per hour wind is hurricane force.
Heck, 90 in a nice car is fast, ever rode a real motorcycle 90?
Put you hand out the window in a car 90 and see how it feels.

So back to reality.
A shift kit helps as does an expansion chamber exhaust and good spark plug, but shoot for high 30 MPH speeds at most is my advice.

Thanks.
I know it seems like a pipe dream. and yes i have done 90 before. live for speed. that bike right now will easily do 45 mph with the single speed 32T rear sprocket. @ 3300 rpm. i don't think it's impossible to double this speed. Are these engines not capable of 8000+rpm with the right tuning?

I totally agree about the bike, this build will be done in a better bike.
45 on this thing with my motocross gear is scary.
specially when a large truck gets beside you and starts pushing you around.. lol.

I don't really plan to do 90 all the time. but it's nice to know it can if i wanted to.

Thanks.
I know it seems like a pipe dream. and yes i have done 90 before. live for speed. that bike right now will easily do 45 mph with the single speed 32T rear sprocket. @ 3300 rpm. i don't think it's impossible to double this speed. Are these engines not capable of 8000+rpm with the right tuning?

I totally agree about the bike, this build will be done in a better bike.
45 on this thing with my motocross gear is scary.
specially when a large truck gets beside you and starts pushing you around.. lol.

I don't really plan to do 90 all the time. but it's nice to know it can if i wanted to.
I think I understand what's happening. you're using a bicycle speedometer. at 3300 RPM you should only doing 24 mph with a 32 tooth rear, unless you're falling down a cliff you're not doing 45 mph at that engine speed. a bit of port work, a bit of good proper expansion chamber (not the cheapo hydroformed ones you get on ebay), and a carb that's worth a damn and you might hit 50 with that gearing.

this engine has port work and i have built a custom expansion chamber for it. i have a tach installed on the bike and get speed from bike computer, GPS and car beside me. 45mph and i probably pulling 50mph on nitrous. I am 124lb rider.

this is not a build looking for reliability. just looking to make this as fast as it can go. I have plenty of spare parts and time.

I think if anything in incorrect it's the rpm from the cheap chinese tach.

Last edited:
Back