pocket bike cvt

galen

Local time
10:22 AM
I put a pocket bike cvt on my bike with a gx 50 cc motor. works real good until one side of the driven pully broke loose. I put . 330 steel ball with silicon in each variators. runs about 4500 to 5000 rpm for 15mph to 27 mph. the gears in the cvt make much noise. now need to get it welded up.

'Adjusting Pulley' CVT's are huge power suckers...
You can loose as much as a full horse to just making the thing operate under load.

No problem with a big engine but a killer to a little 50cc, hence your low top speed once wind is a factor, you have no power left.

A low loss transfer case and mechanical gears down the line will give you the power to go faster.

works very good picks up speed very good and gets same mpg as other bike as in 45 per 1/3 gallon of gasoline. trouble is the gears are loud. it climbs good and good against the wind.

here is a picture of my bike with cvt motor bike form 4-21-15 010.jpg did not know what to put url

clock is wrong on camera . note suspension on the back. you say why 20 wheel. makes it lower and is stronger then bigger wheel . back wheel gotten fro, staten inc free wheel on left side.

Wow, that's really something else!
How are you reversing the CVT drive to the back wheel?

Back