Carby New carb not as good??

nforsa

Local time
8:45 AM
Hey guys new to the motorised bike scene and to the forums....

I purchased a Dellorto Flat Side Performance Carb, after installing and a ride around the block I noticed it doesn't have the same top speed my old carb had??? (but it does have slightly better low down and alot smoother)

any reasons as to why this might be??

here is the 80cc kit I purchased http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com....gine-kit-heavy-duty-crank.html?search=bicycle which says it has a speedy carb??

thanks guys

Most likely the jetting is too rich. Does it 4 stroke at WOT? These carbs aren't adjustable, all metering is done by the main jet. If is a real dellorto, a number will be stamped on the jet. I'd go 2 sizes smaller and see if it improves. Don't know what altitude you are at, that has a lot to do with jetting. (higher altitude=smaller jet) By the way, that looks like a good quality kit for the price. The "speed" carb is ok, that's what I run. It idles well and has good part-throttle performance and fuel economy, but doesn't do any better on top, which is odd considering the "speed" logo. Let me know how the dellorto does, I'm considering getting one.

thanks Purple haze for your reply..... I just jumped on the site I got the Carb from, they have a jet kit for it, which I just purchased and will take your advice :D

In Brisbane, AUSTRALIA we are 28.4 meters above sea level.

Back