So who here has been pulled over on a MB?

RS68 was written to make legal gas motorized bicycles in the State of Florida. Don' start calling names or get banned. Now go away.

Remember when you get a ticket. I told you to stay out of the bike lane. Big Brother is watching you.

I thought RS68 was a good thing for Florida Motorized Bicycles. Isn't RS68 simply a directive to assist clerks at the DMS on how to go about registering MBs so they can be ridden legally. Were any laws changed or added? Are all the statutes pertaining to MBs just the same as they were prior to the release of RS68?

I thought RS68 was a good thing for Florida Motorized Bicycles. Isn't RS68 simply a directive to assist clerks at the DMS on how to go about registering MBs so they can be ridden legally. Were any laws changed or added? Are all the statutes pertaining to MBs just the same as they were prior to the release of RS68?

It is a good thing as it lets a rider be legal and avoid being pulled over and ticketed or worse. RS68 did not come into being on its own. It became a necessity when they changed the language in TL 10 where it is now allowed to put a gas engine on a bicycle. Therefore requiring a tag. The previous version of TL10 did not allow "engine Kits" for bicycles so there was no way of being legal. The old version and the current version are posted here somewhere. 3 sentences changed the legality of motorized bikes in Florida. RS 68 is the method and requirements which need to be followed.

RS-68 is the worst thing to happen to the MB community in Florida. It classifies a bicycle as a Moped and you are subject to all of the trappings of a Moped. i.e. Headlight, Working Brake Lights, Turn Light Signals. Registration with a Tag and are subject to all the rules of the road as an automobile. No riding a Moped in Bike lanes or on sidewalks.

When traveling on public roadways it is a good thing to have safety equipment. All the requirements of RS 68 make for safer travel for not only the rider but for the General Public as well. As far as turn signals, Hand signals are allowed for motorcycles there is no difference for Mopeds. Except for the few outlaws the Motor Bicycle Community has found the Change to TL10 and RS 68 to be a very positive development in the State of Florida. I look at it this way what was always illegal now can be legal so really what is the difference for those who want to stay illegal. Stay illegal if that is your choice but you don't have to be angry with those who want to be legal. Exercise your own judgement not others.

Gene , you are a ****ing idiot....RS68 destroyed MBs for most people in Florida.....

According to the Florida law. Gene's MB should be classified as a motorcycle with a 6.5hp morini engine on it and he should be required to hold a motorcycles license to operate it.

Back