Engine Trouble gas flow problems

daveet66

Local time
6:38 AM
yeah i have problem gas is flowing from tank to air filter then hook hoses back up and flow stops anyone pinpoinpoint problem thanks

your right doug ok i filled my tank i think i must have left gas on cause i ran out of gas after about 6 miles .i filled up tank again and bike wouldnt start and my fuel filter bowl was empty so i unhooked hoses and gas would flow from gastank so i knew the tank wasnt clogged but filter was clogged so i blew through filter hooked hoses back up and only a little gas would go in filter and then it stopped flowing again to much oil maybe

Process of elimination your carb float might be stuck, I'm guessing because your post is kinda vague. I'd check your gas cap and petcock run a piece of hose into a bottle check the flow with the cap on and off. Your petcock check the filter on it and then check the flow in on position and reserve, that's all got time for now you'll figure out

You may want to remove the float bowl and check that all the parts are there. I know it sounds crazy, but it happens. Once, I got one that had the pin laying in the bottom of the bowl. Also, check float height, if it's too high, gas will leak out.

Back