40 T manic mechanic sprocket

southern Cruiser

Local time
4:56 AM
I have a 66cc/80cc 2 stroke motor. I just got my manic mechanic sprocket 40T. When I went to put the chain on the sprocket the chain would stop seating in the grooves of the sprocket about halfway around. any ideas on what size chain I should use?

415 would be the chain to use

I got the chain to go around it is just a little snug on the sprocket like it is a little fat. Wondering if I should grid down the side of the teeth just a bit . Has anyone ever done that? It's just a bit grabby. I have a #40 chain from TSC and it fits nice around the sprocket but is to wide and gets clamped when I put the clutch lever housing back on engine sprocket.

The engine kits usually come with either 410 or 415 chain. I have a sprocket from Jake's (basically the same as a Manic) I am using #41 chain, and have no clearance problems. The chain is alot cheaper than a new sprocket, for that reason I wouldn't grind on the sprocket. I know that it has been done, wouldn't be my first choice. That sprocket should last a long time, grinding may increase wear alot.

back in bisiness!

The engine kits usually come with either 410 or 415 chain. I have a sprocket from Jake's (basically the same as a Manic) I am using #41 chain, and have no clearance problems. The chain is alot cheaper than a new sprocket, for that reason I wouldn't grind on the sprocket. I know that it has been done, wouldn't be my first choice. That sprocket should last a long time, grinding may increase wear alot.

Well I went and bought a #41 chain from Tractor Supply Companyand it works perfectly. Got everything put back together and took it out for a ride. I had my speed up to 31.5 MPH and I didn't have the have my motor fully throttled. I will never go back to a cheap kit sprocket.

I am glad that the #41 worked out for you, it is a lot heavier chain, and should last along time. If you are using the chain tensioner from the kit, make sure you keep those mounting bolts tight. If the tensioner slips it will take out your spokes, or cause a serious crash.
HAPPY MOTORING

I am glad that the #41 worked out for you, it is a lot heavier chain, and should last along time. If you are using the chain tensioner from the kit, make sure you keep those mounting bolts tight. If the tensioner slips it will take out your spokes, or cause a serious crash.
HAPPY MOTORING

I think my tensioner is pretty good. Here is a link to what I have on my bike.
http://custommotoredbicycles.com/parts_for_motorized_bicycles_9_chain_tensioners_spring_loaded_chain_tensionerswhite_idler_wheel_415_chains

Back