Engine Trouble takes forever to start

trev251

Local time
5:30 PM
Hi. This is my first bike. I've had it for about 4 months or so and it been running pretty well burnt my wires on my exhaust and had to buy all new electrical components other than that been good but now it takes me pedaling as fast as I can and as hard as I can after I release the clutch lever to get it started and it also takes me about 3 to 4 times like this to actually get going if anyone can help please get back to me

Sounds like a gas problem.....check to make sure gas is getting to carb...use choke,,,,if it was electrical it would never start.

How can I make sure its getting gas to it I usually turn the gas line off when I'm not running it should I prime it a few time? Just don't want to flood it.

Take the gas line off of the carb, turn the gas valve on...see if gas runs out of hose...I always use clear hose so I can see the gas in the hose....all the primer button does is to hold down the float in the carb....hold button down for about 30 seconds, then pedal bike with choke on, usually won't start with choke on so turn choke off and try again.....after bike is used a bit choking will not be necessary...

Thank guys for ur advice. Turns out it wasn't a gas problem or a plug problem. I just tightened my clutch plate. And then zoom was off no more problem. Also changed the clutch pads and tightened clutch cable.

Back