V clamp brake vs Disc

what style and compound did you get? i'm torn between either the triple compound or the electric compound but i think the triple will have better all weather performance, the electric might be a bit more durable i'm thinking maybe...

Craig I have the black & Salmon. The packet says black for dry conditions & Salmon for wet conditions.
So I assume its a all weather compound. I like the idea that these are cartridge refill shoes & pads also.

Cheap & fast to refill. Fly

Another advantage to vbrakes is they're easy to adjust. I remember back in the 70s adjusting those cantilever style brakes and it was a pain in the butt. Always messing up the cable, you needed 3 hands to do them right it seemed. Cantilever is the right name for those 70s brakes I hope. Center pull was a pain too.

Well I read some more on this bike brake thing I never thought about. The guy that
wrote this seemed to know is stuff. I just thought the disc was the hot set up for reason
people brought up early in this thread.

But he brought up things not discussed here. First disc brakes came out for off road braking
as we know , with dirt, water & mud. But for road bikes that can reach higher speeds & run
longer distance WELL, MAYBE NOT the best brakes? He said disc being at the center of the wheel puts much
more force on spokes. Also running down hill can be very fast, & can over heat those thin
disc rotors. On our motor bike the rear wheel take all the tork most of the weight & so on.

He said the spokes are coned shaped a bit for disc brakes, but weaker than straight spokes.
Just some food for thought. Like I said before,with this bicycle deal, there is so much still to learn.

Fly

Back