spark plug wire broke instantly.

craig7

Local time
4:24 AM
got a good deal on a used 80cc engine, electrical system was no good, just got new parts, got it all hooked up and it does actually work but i havent even rode it for 15 mins already and the spark plug wire broke. still runs, but the spark has to jump 2 gaps now, which apparently isnt an issue lol. what do i do about it? i've got a second cdi that i ordered but i dont want to have it break too. seems like the wire is just too stiff and brittle.

Jn7QCdQ.jpg

what do i do? the original broken cdi it came with had a 20 gauge speaker wire as the spark plug wire.... but who knows, it very well could be a better wire than the Chinese junk

04YPb2S.jpg

and not electrical related but what do you guys do about vibration? i've got pieces of rubber and bike tires on all my engine mounts but i cant go past around 40-50km/h without the vibration being just painful

break it the rest of the way, take a pair of pliers and twist the remaining wire off the CDI before threading the good section back on.

rubber makes vibration worse. I use no rubber and I put a length of steel cable inside the handlebars.

whats the cable for? i got the old wire off and found a nicer more flexible wire from a leaf blower engine i have laying around. about to go for a test ride.

works good. hmm i guess this thread wasnt quite necessary, but at least i'm here now

Last edited:
the cable adds weight to the handlebars. heavier handlebars are less prone to vibration.

Back