Tecumseh 2 cycle

The engine that you used is is the one I would have prefered, however the toro is cheap and I had several laying around. Funny thing is I picked up the engines cheap just to get the diaphram carbs.
Yes I just put the whole engine (less the shroud) in the lathe. That made it quick & simple. Then clamped the output shaft in the chuck and milled the keyway. Never had to disassemble the engine.
I like the 2 cycle engines for thier weight & rpms, of course I have to live with the loud exhaust. The input manifold on this engine is all metal.

[/I]
Nice! I built a bike with a 4/5hp 2 stroke Tecumseh engine, it was from a lawnmower but the same block is also used in snowblowers. View attachment 55473View attachment 55474
The second pic is how it would look in a blower, maybe you've seen them before.

Pretty beastly engine (140cc), it really hauls on my bike, but the instant it develops even the slightest of air leaks there is a giant crankcase explosion/intake backfire (causing the carb and Bakelite intake elbow to go flying off the engine). The intake is all o-rings too, so I have to glue everything shut with gasket maker to prevent leaks.

How did you turn down the crank while still in the engine? Did you put the crank in a lathe and let it spin inside the engine (engine just riding on the shaft)? When I had to turn down my shaft to get a pulley on I ran a coarse file up against the shaft while the engine idled. Which turned out to be a horrible idea because the shaft wore down faster where the keyway was (less material to take away).

i shortened the length of the frame by 4 inches.

Attachments

• DSCN3022.jpg
    DSCN3022.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 722
  • DSCN3026.jpg
    DSCN3026.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 730
  • DSCN3018.jpg
    DSCN3018.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 739
Further progress on this build.

Attachments

• daisey duke-2 075.jpg
    daisey duke-2 075.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 728
  • daisey duke-2 042.jpg
    daisey duke-2 042.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 729
  • daisey duke-2 088.jpg
    daisey duke-2 088.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 791
  • daisey duke-2 089.jpg
    daisey duke-2 089.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 731
Decals

Finaly recieved the decals for this build.

Attachments

• DSCN3097.jpg
    DSCN3097.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 678
  • DSCN3094.jpg
    DSCN3094.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 661
Hey man i got this same engine bout to mount it on a schwinn beach crusier
1458953526813.jpg

the gearing i was thinkin a 11tooth centrifugal clutch to a 36tooth jackshaft sprocket then a 10tooth to a 44tooth asuming the engines rpm is 7k i should get 37 mph
PicsArt_03-26-09.06.19.jpg

but im here to ask james68's opinion and how he did his and how fast? or anyone else with experience with these 2 stroke tecumseh

Hey man i got this same engine bout to mount it on a schwinn beach crusierView attachment 71450
the gearing i was thinkin a 11tooth centrifugal clutch to a 36tooth jackshaft sprocket then a 10tooth to a 44tooth asuming the engines rpm is 7k i should get 37 mph
View attachment 71451
but im here to ask james68's opinion and how he did his and how fast? or anyone else with experience with these 2 stroke tecumseh

What type of exhaust are you planning using? ,do you think a voodoo or expansion chamber would help its power increase?

Im going to use a pipe i found on a old 2 stroke 80cc Suzuki dirtbike as far as increase in power ya probly.
The exhaust that was on it was a big old cylinder with holes drilled on one side i also need the pullstart/flywheel cover because without it the flywheels fins dont push air around the motor to cool it

Hey man i got this same engine bout to mount it on a schwinn beach crusierView attachment 71450
View attachment 71451

I'm having trouble finding a carburetor for mine , have you figured out what you're going to use?
I have the stock carburetor but I'd like to find something adjustable

Back