Magneto magnet wont turn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam.mahmoud

Local time
12:55 AM
Hi everyone,
Im quite new to motorized bicycles and today when i was riding my 49cc 2 stroke up a big hill it seemed to be fine and then as I reached the top the engine just wouldn't start. As I have had magneto problems before I decided to pop of the cover and see if there was anything visually wrong with it. It all looked fine until I turned the pedal and the magnet wouldn't turn! I would like to be able to start riding agin soon so it would be great if anyone could help!!!

Many Thanks

Adam Mahmoud

The magnet is attached to the end of the crankshaft...you need to determine if the piston is going up & down...if it is then the keyway on the magnet sheared....if piston is not moving then you have a major problem...

Sometimes the woodruff key isn't installed properly. Remove the magnet and see if the key is stuck on the magnet somewhere. They are a bugger to install properly in the groove, because it's a magnet and the key is steel. Lots of people glue the key into the groove on the shaft with super glue, then install the magnet. Then, check the air-gap between the magnet and coil. The magnet may be hitting due to clearance issues. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back