Roller slippage at h.o.t help

motoredguy

Local time
1:23 AM
Whats up, been back and fourth between forums and self made friction drive is slipping at a half open throttle. looking for an a oppinion, here are some things that need to be taken into concideration.

1) tire is not to the maximum trueness as possiable if I idle the engine with the front tire up i kind of a pull down effect witu the front tire in the air.

2) have not noticed this symtom too much in warmer weather. ( in response with slippage)

3) my reap roller has not came in yet, and I am running a socket with rubber hose fitted.

I want to file down the center numbs to getter better roll but the way my knobbies are design there is a line down the middle which prevents a good touch with the wheel.

Knobbies aren't the best tires to use for a FD. Any pics of your setup? Are you using enough pressure with the drive roller on the tire? Is it just slipping from a stand still or once you get going? It's always best to get going pedaling then engage the roller even with a cent/clutch, increase throttle after pedaling away.

Back