Do they use 2 stroke oil in China?

boyntonstu

Local time
1:49 AM
The Chinese make a gazillian 2 stroke engines.

Assuming that they use them, I wonder what kind of oil do they use?

Poor people use the cheapest available.

Just curious.

The Chinese are riding clunky ebikes which don't use oil.

Our China girl motors are banned in the cities from what I hear.

Thailand is 4-strokes, electric is too pricey for them (altho some aussies & brits play with homemade electrics on weekends that are unpractical for real transportation). Chinese scooters are displacing the traditional jap stuff.

from what I've heard they were using plain old motor oil in their bikes, hence the wholly unnecessary 16:1 ratio recommendation.

from what I've heard they were using plain old motor oil in their bikes, hence the wholly unnecessary 16:1 ratio recommendation.

Does the engine wear faster and does the spark plug get gunked at 16:1?

The engine won't wear faster at 16:1, but the spark plug does get gunked pretty quick. That's the reason for another oddity with these engines, they come with a B6HS equivalent when a B7HS or B8HS equivalent is more likely what you need

The engine won't wear faster at 16:1, but the spark plug does get gunked pretty quick. That's the reason for another oddity with these engines, they come with a B6HS equivalent when a B7HS or B8HS equivalent is more likely what you need

Thanks, useful info.

Which plug do you run and how long before degunking?

I use a B7HS equivalent and the plugs last me from one rebuild to the next before needing help, but depending on your particular engine and climate and what particular brand of oil you use you may need to play with something else.

Back