How to remove small bevel wheel?

braxtontr

Local time
7:46 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm having the hardest time of removing my small bevel wheel on my 2 cycle stroke engine? Can anyone tell me how to remove it? I try using a screwdriver, but it just turns along with the bigger clutch bevel wheel. Is there a certain tool I have to purchase? I spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Teddy

There is a special puller tool that threads into the gear.

The puller also reverses to remove the 10 tooth sprocket and to pull the clutch.

Yes it should have come with ur kit its small and black. .it was the one thing I looked at and said what the hell is this for

sounds like you can't get the bolt out - one must stick a rag between those gears to lock them together so they don't turn, then use a hand impact driver to remove the bolt - after that, the gear puller sold with some kits or available at most kit supplier sites is used to pull the gear off the shaft

the hand impact driver is cheap at many places - harbor freight is one - google for a pic

Thank you all for the replies - I was finally able to remove the bolt, but I still can't remove the bolt until I order the gear puller.

I'm not removing the gear - I want to tighting it up so it will be flush with the bigger bevel wheel. I've attached a couple of pictures of the problem I'm having.

I think because the smaller bevel wheel isn't fully engage with bigger bevel wheel is the reason the clutch won't fully engage and start.

Does anything this can be issue?
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2322.jpg
IMG_2323.jpg
IMG_2324.jpg

For those folks who don't own a hand impact driver, 6 point socket used with a ratchet can work. Smacking the ratchet end with a 2 or 3lb sledge usually can persuade the nut/bolt to turn. Make sure you hold the ratchet and socket square to the bolt head.

OK, stop.

The bevel gear has wider teeth than the clutch gear, so may have some tooth edges hanging off one side or the other, but this doesn't affect the clutch operation. Read on this board the many posts about properly adjusting clutch cable and then the clutch flower nut. Also, you may find that the drive sprocket or the clutch is turning without turning the shaft, which will mean a broken or missing woodruff key.

something doesn't look right about that picture they are at an angle on purpose to reduce noise try tightening up flower nut and then as tight as you can get the screw that holds it shouldn't have a problem long as you can push it in back and forth with your hands you should be good

Back