Engine Trouble someone please help front engine mount bolt broken inside

No reason to loctite those studs, they don't loosen - they stretch.

so if I apply heat (with a mini propane) inside that broken stud, it will be easier to extract it out?????
Tips/tricks please:)

Home depot will only sell me a 4 foot long pieces of that angle iron. Any ideas where I can get just enough?

Last edited:
reverse thread tapered easyout bit is biting very good but I can't seem to figure out which grasping method to use because no matter how hard I try with different pliers (locking pliers and other pliers, its stripping the pliers. :)

you need to cut your iron to size, you might try a hand impact driver on the easyout bit, I suspect you might need the help of a mechanically inclined friend at this point

not being familiar with tools is an easy way to get to the point at which nothing can save it

E-Z out's to remove the broken stud. They've never failed for me. You can get a Heli-coil kit ant most auto supplys. I always heli-coil the front stud holes and upgrade to 8.8 grade studs all around. The 6mm heli-coils use a 1/4' bit to drill out the existing hole, and the kit comes with a device to screw the heli-coil into the new hole. The coil is SS and threaded for your 6mm stud. Hey, I think they're great...Steve

That sounds interesting, knock on wood mine are still intact! Is there a thread for the angle iron approach I'm guessing this is when you can't put a stud in the block

one drills all the way thru and puts nuts at the bottom side to hold iron to motor

How do you have yours attached to frame, the angle iron that is? Welded or bolted?what sucks for me is last recession I had sell the house and give 1/2 to the ex wife, now I'm in a rented room my garage and most of the tools are gone I'm working with a bucket of tools on the side of the house

That's a 10-4 on the motor on top of the angle iron, the angle bearing the weight of the motor

Back