Straight Bar Whizzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, I am using one of Quentins new Auto-Clutches. I will be having the tank bung relocated to the rear of the tank instead of the middle, the placement is directly above the throttle and with the taller head I want to make sure there will be no issues. I got UPS confirmation yesterday that my old bike and my new motor shipped and should be here next week. Im very excited about the motor, here is what info I have on it perhaps Q will pop in and give some info I dont have (He built the motor for someone else)...vintage Carter carburetor [Whizzer version] . Needle bearing crankshaft, Whizzer "racing" piston, "custom" made wrist pin, Hi compression head [re-worked & milled], "H" crankcase with a ported "300" series cylinder [with larger valves], aluminum "300" exhaust manifold, tall oil breather [allows 8 oz. oil in crankcase], .193" lift camshaft, copper head gasket, electronic ignition module, crankshaft seal, left side crankshaft bearing, right side needle bearing [in the side cover], and all new gaskets. The motor has been boxed since he built it.

Last edited:
I had to make up a plate and pin for the rear drum brake which will be welded on.

The new motor fits, but the tank bung will have to be rlocated.

Im going with a sportsman exhaust, which sould sound nice.

My original bike made it back home and is already taken apart for fresh paint and the rebuilt motor originally planned for this bike.

Time to take it apart and have the seat welded in place and tank bung relocated, Next photo should be put back together with new paint

Would be most interested in seeing what that auto clutch looks like! Hope you can post a couple pics of it. FYI,: Memory Lane has some Schwinn crank arms for sale that they tell me are specially bent and re-chromed for Whizzers. I just received mine yesterday and haven't had the time to figure out what is different about it, although I have tried it out on a bare frame and it solves the clearance problem with the chainguard.
The chainring (side) arm is curved and the other side looks like a dogleg style. I will post a pic on my straight bar build thread tomorrow.
Lillback44

Chris,
That clutch Chain has is the same as the ones Quenton & I had at Portland last summer.

Awesome chain!
Now comes the hard part.....trying to finish!
Thanks for bringing us along.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back